Holman Bible Dictionary
(di moh' nah) Place name related to Hebrew word for blood. A town on southeast border of tribal allotment of Judah (Joshua 15:22 ). Some have suggested its location at tell ed-Dheib near Aroer. It may be the same as Dibon mentioned in Nehemiah 11:25 .
Fausset's Bible Dictionary
A city in southern Judah, near the Idumean desert (Joshua 15:22 Dibon), Nehemiah 11:25.
Hitchcock's Bible Names
Morrish Bible Dictionary
City in the south of Judah, Joshua 15:22 : perhaps the same as DIBON, No. 2.
Hastings' Dictionary of the Bible
- Dimon, Dimonah
DIMON, DIMONAH . See Dibon.
- (festival or boundary ), one of the cities in the extreme south of Judah, named with Dimonah
- ) ...
A city of the tribe of Judah, inhabited after the Captivity (Nehemiah 11:25 ); called also Dimonah
(Joshua 15:22 )
- City inhabited on the return from exile, Nehemiah 11:25 : perhaps the same as Dimonah
- This may be the same as Dimonah
. See Dimonah
- A town in the south of Judah, Nehemiah 11:25; the same as Dimonah
, Joshua 15:22, and probably modern ed-Dheib
One of the towns which were reinhabited by the men of Judah after the return from captivity, (Nehemiah 11:25 ) identical with Dimonah
- Perhaps it is the same as Dimonah
( Joshua 15:22 ) among the southernmost cities of Judah
- Dibon, reinhabited by men of Judah, returned from Babylon (Nehemiah 11:25) equates to Dimonah