Hastings' Dictionary of the Bible
CHEZIB ( Genesis 38:5 ). See Achzib, No. 2 .
Easton's Bible Dictionary
Deceitful, a town where Shelah, the son of Judah, was born (Genesis 38:5 ). Probably the same as Achzib (q.v.).
Fausset's Bible Dictionary
Genesis 38:5. Same as Achzib and Chozeba.
Morrish Bible Dictionary
Town in the lowlands of Judah. Genesis 38:5 . Probably the same as ACHZIB and CHOZEBA.
Holman Bible Dictionary
(chee' zihb) Place name meaning, “deceiving.” Birthplace of Shelah, son of Judah and Shuah, a Canaanite (Genesis 38:5 ). Chezib is probably the same as Achzib. See Achzib .
- (kee' zihb) NIV, REB spelling of Chezib
. See Chezib
( Genesis 38:5 )
- (1 Chronicles 4:22 ), the same as Chezib
and Achzib, a place in the lowlands of Judah (Genesis 38:5 ; Joshua 15:44 )
- Probably the same as Chezib
, Genesis 38:5 , and ACHZIB,Joshua 15:44 ; Micah 1:14
is probably the same as Achzib
A town in the Shephelah, or plain country of Judah (Joshua 15:44 ); probably the same as Chezib
of Genesis 38:5 = Ain Kezbeh
- (Joshua 15:44 ; Micah 1:14 ) It is probably the same with Chezib
and CHOZEBA , which see
- City of Judah, Joshua 15:44 ; Micah 1:14 : probably the same that is called elsewhere Chezib
and perhaps CHOZEBA