the sons of Dan after their families: of Shuham, the family of the Shuhamites. These are
the families of Dan after their families.
All the families of the Shuhamites, according to those that were numbered of them, were
threescore and four thousand and four hundred.
Hastings' Dictionary of the Bible
SHUHAM . A son of Dan ( Numbers 26:42 ), called in Genesis 46:23 Hushim; gentilic Shuhamites in Numbers 26:42 .
Holman Bible Dictionary
(sshyoo' ham) Personal name of uncertain meaning. Son of Dan (Numbers 26:42 ). See Hushim .
Morrish Bible Dictionary
Son of Dan, and his descendants. Numbers 26:42,43 . Perhaps the same as HUSHIM in Genesis 46:23 .
Hitchcock's Bible Names
Talking; thinking; humiliation; budding
- (sshuh' ham ite) Member of clan of Shuham
(Numbers 26:42 )
. A son of Dan ( Numbers 26:42 ), called in Genesis 46:23 Hushim; gentilic Shuham
ites in Numbers 26:42
- In Numbers 26:42 Shuham
- In (Numbers 26:42 ) the name is changed to Shuham
- Dan's son is named Shuham
in Numbers 26:42 , perhaps resulting from a copying transposition of Hebrew letters
- Of Dan's personal history we know nothing, except that he had one son, Hushim or Shuham
- ] ( Judges 18:11 ) speaks of it as a ‘family’; elsewhere Dan is said to have had only one son, Hushim or Shuham
( Genesis 46:23 , Numbers 26:42 )
- Hushim (the plural implying a family) or Shuham
alone is mentioned as Dan's son (Genesis 46:23); but at the Exodus the tribe stood second of Israel in numbers (Numbers 1:39), Numbers 1:62,700; 64,400 at the close of the wilderness sojourn (Numbers 26:43)