Holman Bible Dictionary
(ssham myoo uh) Variant spelling (1 Chronicles 11:27 ) for Shammah (2 Samuel 23:25 ).
Hastings' Dictionary of the Bible
SHAMMOTH . See Shammah, 4 .
Morrish Bible Dictionary
A Harorite, one of David's mighty men. 1 Chronicles 11:27 . Perhaps the same as SHAMMAHthe Harodite in 2 Samuel 23:25 .
Hitchcock's Bible Names
- (the same as Harodite ) The, the title given to Shammoth
, one of the warriors of David's guard
- Apparently the former is called Shammoth
the HARORITE in 1 Chronicles 11:27
- Many commentators consider the name a scribal combination of Shamman (2 Samuel 23:25 ) and Shammoth
(1 Chronicles 11:27 )
- Called Shammoth
in 1 Chronicles 11:27
- See 2 Samuel 23:25 ; spelled Shammoth
in 1 Chronicles 11:27 )
- (2 Samuel 23:25 ) He is called "Shammoth
the Harorite" in (1 Chronicles 11:27 ) and "SHAMHUTH the Izrahite" ibid
- An officer in David’s employ, called Shammoth
in 1 Chronicles 11:27 , and Shamhuth in 1 Chronicles 27:8