1 Chronicles 26:
Moreover the sons of Obededom were
, Shemaiah the firstborn, Jehozabad the second, Joah the third, and Sacar the fourth, and Nethaneel the fifth,
Hastings' Dictionary of the Bible
SACAR . 1. The father of Ahiam ( 1 Chronicles 11:35 = 2 Samuel 23:33 Sharar ). 2. A family of gatekeepers ( 1 Chronicles 26:4 ).
Holman Bible Dictionary
(ssay' cahr) Personal name meaning, “salary.” 1. Man from Harar and father of one of David's heroes (1 Chronicles 11:35 ), called Sharar in 2 Samuel 23:33 . 2 . Temple gatekeeper (1 Chronicles 26:4 ).
The Hawker's Poor Man's Concordance And Dictionary
One of David's worthies. (1 Chronicles 11:35) If his name be derived from Shakar, it should seem to mean somewhat alluding to drunkenness.
Fausset's Bible Dictionary
1. 1 Chronicles 11:35. SHARAR in 2 Samuel 23:33.
2. 1 Chronicles 26:4.
Morrish Bible Dictionary
1. A Hararite, father of Ahiam, one of David's mighty men. 1 Chronicles 11:35 . Called SHARAR in 2 Samuel 23:33 .
2. Fourth son of Obededom. 1 Chronicles 26:4 .
Hitchcock's Bible Names
Wares; a price
(n.) See Saker.
- (ssay' chuhr) NRSV, TEV spelling of Sacar
in 1 Chronicles 11:35
- Son of Sharar (Sacar
, 1 Chronicles 11:35 ), the Hararite
- son of Sharar the Hararite (or of Sacar
,) (1 Chronicles 11:35 ) one of David's thirty mighty men
- Designation of Agee, Shammah, Shage, and Sharar or Sacar
- (2 Samuel 23:33 ) ...
Sharar, (2 Samuel 23:33 ) or Sacar
, (1 Chronicles 11:35 ) the Hararite, was the father of Ahiam, another member of the guard