1 Chronicles 4:
And Eshton begat Bethrapha, and Paseah, and Tehinnah the father of Irnahash. These are
the men of Rechah.
The children of Uzza, the children of Paseah, the children of Besai,
Moreover the old gate repaired Jehoiada the son of Paseah, and Meshullam the son of Besodeiah; they laid the beams thereof, and set up the doors thereof, and the locks thereof, and the bars thereof.
Hitchcock's Bible Names
Passing over; halting
Morrish Bible Dictionary
1. Son of Eshton, a descendant of Judah. 1 Chronicles 4:12 .
2. Ancestor of some Nethinim who returned from exile. Ezra 2:49 ; Nehemiah 7:51 .
3. Father of Jehoiada, who helped to repair the wall of Jerusalem. Nehemiah 3:6 .
Fausset's Bible Dictionary
1. 1 Chronicles 4:12.
2. Ezra 2:49, PHASEAH Nehemiah 7:51.
Holman Bible Dictionary
(puh ssee' uh) Personal name meaning, “Lamentations 1:1 . Member of the tribe of Judah (1 Chronicles 4:12 ). 2 . Ancestor of a family of Temple servants (Nehemiah 7:51 ; KJV Phaseah). 3. Father of Joiada (Nehemiah 3:6 ).
Hastings' Dictionary of the Bible
PASEAH. 1 . A descendant of Judah ( 1 Chronicles 4:12 ). 2 . The father of Joiada ( Nehemiah 3:6 ). 3. The eponym of a family of Nethinim who returned with Zerubbabel ( Ezra 2:49 = Nehemiah 7:51 ); in 1Es 5:31 Peter hinoe .
- (Nehemiah 7:51 ) [Paseah
- (fuh ssee' uh) KJV alternate form of Paseah
(Nehemiah 7:51 )
- PHINOE ( 1Es 5:31 ) Paseah
, Ezra 2:49 , Nehemiah 7:51
- (1 Chronicles 4:12 ) ...
The "sons of Paseah
" were among the Nethinim who returned with Zerubbabel
- Son of Paseah
: he repaired the 'old gate ' of Jerusalem
- ' 'Let me have the old gate to repair,' said Jehoiada, the son of Paseah