1 Chronicles 7:
And the sons of Bela; Ezbon, and Uzzi, and Uzziel, and Jerimoth, and Iri, five; heads of the house of their
fathers, mighty men of valour; and were reckoned by their genealogies twenty and two thousand and thirty and four.
1 Chronicles 7:
And the sons of Becher; Zemira, and Joash, and Eliezer, and Elioenai, and Omri, and Jerimoth, and Abiah, and Anathoth, and Alameth. All these are
the sons of Becher.
1 Chronicles 12:
Eluzai, and Jerimoth, and Bealiah, and Shemariah, and Shephatiah the Haruphite,
1 Chronicles 24:
The sons also of Mushi; Mahli, and Eder, and Jerimoth. These were
the sons of the Levites after the house of their fathers.
1 Chronicles 25:
Of Heman: the sons of Heman; Bukkiah, Mattaniah, Uzziel, Shebuel, and Jerimoth, Hananiah, Hanani, Eliathah, Giddalti, and Romamtiezer, Joshbekashah, Mallothi, Hothir, and
1 Chronicles 27:
Of Zebulun, Ishmaiah the son of Obadiah: of Naphtali, Jerimoth the son of Azriel:
2 Chronicles 11:
And Rehoboam took him Mahalath the daughter of Jerimoth the son of David to wife, and
Abihail the daughter of Eliab the son of Jesse;
2 Chronicles 31:
And Jehiel, and Azaziah, and Nahath, and Asahel, and Jerimoth, and Jozabad, and Eliel, and Ismachiah, and Mahath, and Benaiah, were
overseers under the hand of Cononiah and Shimei his brother, at the commandment of Hezekiah the king, and Azariah the ruler of the house of God.
Holman Bible Dictionary
(jehr' ih mahth) Personal name possibly meaning, “fat belly.” The name closely resembles Jeremoth, so that English translations are not consistent in following the Hebrew in spelling. The following represent spellings of the Hebrew text. See 1 Chronicles 7:7 ). 2 . Warrior of Saul's tribe Benjamin who joined David as he fled from Saul at Ziklag (1 Chronicles 12:5 ). 3 . Levite of the house of Mushi (1 Chronicles 24:30 ; compare 1 Chronicles 23:23 ). 4 . Temple musician under David and Solomon (1 Chronicles 25:4 ; compare 1 Chronicles 25:22 ). 5 . Leader of tribe of Naphtali under David (1 Chronicles 27:19 ). 6 . Son of David, whose daughter married King Rehoboam (931-913 B.C.), according to 2 Chronicles 11:18 . Jerimoth does not appear in any list of David's sons. 7. An overseer of Temple treasury under Hezekiah (2 Chronicles 31:13 ).
Hitchcock's Bible Names
He that fears or rejects death
Morrish Bible Dictionary
1,2. Son of Bela and son of Becher, Benjamites. 1 Chronicles 7:7,8 .
3. One who resorted to David at Ziklag. 1 Chronicles 12:5 .
4. Son of Mushi, a son of Merari. 1 Chronicles 24:30 . Same as JEREMOTH in 1 Chronicles 23:23 .
5. Son of Heman: appointed to the service of song. 1 Chronicles 25:4 . Same as Jeremoth in 1 Chronicles 25:22 .
6. Son of Azriel and a ruler of Naphtali. 1 Chronicles 27:19 .
7. Son of David: his daughter Mahalath was wife of Rehoboam. 2 Chronicles 11:18 .
8. One of the Levites who had charge of the dedicated things in the time of Hezekiah. 2 Chronicles 31:13 .
Hastings' Dictionary of the Bible
JERIMOTH. 1, 2. Two Benjamites ( 1 Chronicles 7:7 ; 1 Chronicles 12:5 ). 3, 4, 5. Three Levites ( 1 Chronicles 24:30 [called in 25:22 Jeremoth ] 1 Chronicles 25:4 ; 1Ch 31:13 ). 6. A son of David and father of Rehoboam’s wife ( 2 Chronicles 11:18 ).
Easton's Bible Dictionary
One of the sons of Bela (1 Chronicles 7:7 ).
1 Chronicles 24:30 , a Merarite Levite.
A Benjamite slinger who joined David at Ziklag (1 Chronicles 12:5 ).
A Levitical musician under Heman his father (1 Chronicles 25:4 ).
1 Chronicles 27:19 , ruler of Naphtali.
One of David's sons (2 Chronicles 11:18 ).
A Levite, one of the overseers of the temple offerings (2 Chronicles 31:13 ) in the reign of Hezekiah.
Fausset's Bible Dictionary
1. 1 Chronicles 7:7; 1 Chronicles 12:5.
2. Becher's son. (See BECHER.) 1 Chronicles 7:8.
3. 1 Chronicles 27:19; 1 Chronicles 27:22.
4. Son of David (probably by a concubine, as Jerimoth is not mentioned in 1 Chronicles 3 or , (unless Jerimoth equates to Ithream); his daughter Mahalath was Rehoboam's wife (2 Chronicles 11:18).
5. 2 Chronicles 31:13.
- Same as Jerimoth
in 1 Chronicles 24:30 . Same as Jerimoth
in 1 Chronicles 25:4
- Son of David (probably by a concubine, as Jerimoth
is not mentioned in 1 Chronicles 3 or , (unless Jerimoth
equates to Ithream); his daughter Mahalath was Rehoboam's wife (2 Chronicles 11:18)
- Two Levites ( 1 Chronicles 23:23 ; 1 Chronicles 25:22 ); the latter called in 24:30 Jerimoth
. 28) Jerimoth
The daughter of Jerimoth
, who was one of David's sons
- Priest in days of David and Solomon (1 Chronicles 23:23 ; spelled Jerimoth
in 1 Chronicles 24:30 ). Temple musician (1 Chronicles 25:4 , Jerimoth
), possibly the same person as head of fifteenth division of priests (1 Chronicles 25:22 )
- ) ...
A Naphtalite, ancestor of Jerimoth
, the head of the tribe at the time of David's census
- 1 Chronicles 23:23; Jerimoth
, 1 Chronicles 24:30
- Daughter of Jerimoth
and wife of Rehoboam
- But Keil argues that 2 Chronicles 11:19-20 shows that in 2 Chronicles 11:18 only one wife is named; therefore the sense is "Mahalath the daughter of Jerimoth
son of David and of Abihail" (the daughter of Eliab, etc
does not appear in any list of David's sons
- Her husband's cousin, daughter of David's son Jerimoth