Holman Bible Dictionary
(jay' ruh) Personal name meaning, “goat.” Descendant of King Saul (1 Chronicles 9:42 ), apparently the same as Jehoadah in 1 Chronicles 8:36 , the words being spelled the same except for one similarly written letter in Hebrew. Compare 1 Chronicles 10:6 .
Fausset's Bible Dictionary
1 Chronicles 9:40; 1 Chronicles 9:42; but 1 Chronicles 8:36, JEHOADAH.
Hastings' Dictionary of the Bible
JARAH . A descendant of Saul, 1 Chronicles 9:42 . In 1 Chronicles 8:36 he is called Jehoaddah .
Morrish Bible Dictionary
Son of Ahaz, a descendant of Saul. 1 Chronicles 9:42 . Called JEHOADAH in 1 Chronicles 8:36 .
Hitchcock's Bible Names
A wood; honeycomb; watching closely
- ” NIV translation based on early Greek and Hebrew manuscripts for Jarah
. See Jarah
- 1 Chronicles 8:36; in 1 Chronicles 9:42 Jarah
, a transcriber's error
- A descendant of Saul ( 1 Chronicles 8:36 ); called in 1 Chronicles 9:42 Jarah
- Son of Jehoadah, who is called Jarah
in 1 Chronicles 9:42
- (Jeremiah 37:13) His name means, the fear of the Lord; from Jarah
, to fear; and Jah, the Lord
- (covering ), a Benjamite, son of Jehoadah or Jarah
, ( 1 Chronicles 8:36 ; 9:42 ) and descended from Jonathan the son of Saul
One of the sons of Jehoadah, or Jarah
, son of Ahaz (1Chronicles 8:36)
- His name seems to be in some measure characteristic of the manâhe that rejectsâfrom Jarah
to reject; and his history awfully proves, how he rejected the counsel of God against his own soul