Holman Bible Dictionary
(hoh' dehssh) Personal name meaning, “new moon.” Wife of Shaharaim of tribe of Benjamin who bore children in Moab (1 Chronicles 8:9 ).
Hastings' Dictionary of the Bible
HODESH (‘new moon’). One of the wives of Shaharaim, a Benjamite ( 1 Chronicles 8:9 ).
Fausset's Bible Dictionary
Possibly a second name of one of Shaharaim's two wives, Hushim and Baara (1 Chronicles 8:9).
Hitchcock's Bible Names
A table; news
Morrish Bible Dictionary
Wife of Shaharaim, a Benjamite. 1 Chronicles 8:9 .
- A Benjamite, son of Shaharaim by Hodesh
(1 Chronicles 8:9)
- (announcemant ) a son of Shaharaim by his wife Hodesh
- (roe ), a Benjamite, apparently the son of Shaharaim by his wife Hodesh
- He begat in Moab, after he had sent them namely, Hushim and Baara his wives away; there he begat, with Hodesh
his wife, Jobab, etc
- One of the heads of the fathers of Benjamin, and the son of Shaharaim and Hodesh
( 1 Chronicles 8:9 )
- A descendant of Benjamin, born in Moab, son of Shaharaim and Hodesh
(1 Chronicles 8:8-9)
- (1 Chronicles 2:42 ) ...
A Benjamite, son of Shabaraim by his wife Hodesh
, who bore him in the land of Moab