1 Chronicles 3:
And Hashubah, and Ohel, and Berechiah, and Hasadiah, Jushabhesed, five.
Malchijah the son of Harim, and Hashub the son of Pahathmoab, repaired the other piece, and the tower of the furnaces.
After him repaired Benjamin and Hashub over against their house. After him repaired Azariah the son of Maaseiah the son of Ananiah by his house.
Also of the Levites: Shemaiah the son of Hashub, the son of Azrikam, the son of Hashabiah, the son of Bunni;
Easton's Bible Dictionary
A Levite of the family of Merari (Nehemiah 11:15 ; 1 Chronicles 9:14 ).
Nehemiah 3:23 3:11 .
Holman Bible Dictionary
(hassh uhb) KJV spelling of Hasshub in Nehemiah 3:11 ,Nehemiah 3:11,3:23 ; Nehemiah 10:23 ; Nehemiah 11:15 . See Hasshub .
Hitchcock's Bible Names
Fausset's Bible Dictionary
1. 1 Chronicles 9:14; Nehemiah 3:11.
2. Nehemiah 3:23.
3. Nehemiah 10:23.
4. Nehemiah 11:15.
Morrish Bible Dictionary
1. Merarite, son of Azrikam. 1 Chronicles 9:14 ; Nehemiah 11:15 .
2,3. Two, who helped to repair the wall of Jerusalem. Nehemiah 3:11,23 .
4. A chief of the people who sealed the covenant. Nehemiah 10:23 .
- Some early translations provide evidence for a copyist having joined two names—Hashub
and Baddanah into one
- As the Benjamites and Shilonites are together in 1 Chronicles 9:5-7; Nehemiah 11:5-7, so Benjamin and Hashub
of Pahath Moab are together in Nehemiah 3:23
Third, middâh sometimes represents a “measured portion” of a thing: “Malchijah the son of Harim, and Hashub
the son of Pahath-moab, repaired the other piece, and the tower of the furnaces” (Neh