Hastings' Dictionary of the Bible
CHELUB . 1 . A descendant of Judah ( 1 Chronicles 4:11 ). 2 . The father of Ezri, one of David’s superintendents ( 1 Chronicles 27:26 ).
Fausset's Bible Dictionary
1. 1 Chronicles 27:26.
2. Written Cheleb.; Hebrew Chelub (1 Chronicles 4:11).
Holman Bible Dictionary
(cheh' luhb) 1. A descendant of the tribe of Judah (1 Chronicles 4:10 ), probably to be identified with Caleb, the hero of the spy narrative of Numbers 13-14 . See Numbers 13-14 . 2 . Father of Ezri, overseer of workers on David's farms (1 Chronicles 27:26 ).
Morrish Bible Dictionary
1. Apparently a descendant of Judah, and father of Mehir. The LXX and Vulg. have CALEB. 1 Chronicles 4:11 .
2. Father of Ezri. 1 Chronicles 27:26 .
Hitchcock's Bible Names
- (kee' luhb) NIV spelling of Chelub
. See Chelub
- Brother of Chelub
(1 Chronicles 4:11). Ten of DeRossi' s and Kennicott's manuscripts read "Shuah son of Chelub
," another form of Caleb, the addition distinguishing him from Caleb, son of Hezron, and from Caleb the son of Jephunneh
- A brother of Chelub
( 1 Chronicles 4:11 )
- Son of Chelub
, a descendant of Judah
- (price ), the son of Chelub
the brother of Shuah
- ; Hebrew Chelub
(1 Chronicles 4:11)
- (help of Jehovah ), son of Chelub
, superintendent of King David's farm-laborers
- One of Eshton's sons, descended from Chelub
(1 Chronicles 4:11-12)
- ) ...
Properly Shuchah brother of Chelub
- We meet with a Shuah, the brother of Chelub
, or Caleb, 1 Chronicles 4:11âand Shuah, sister to Japhlet, 1 Chronicles 7:32