2 Kings 22:
eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned thirty and one years in Jerusalem. And his mother's name was
Jedidah, the daughter of Adaiah of Boscath.
1 Chronicles 9:
And Adaiah the son of Jeroham, the son of Pashur, the son of Malchijah, and Maasiai the son of Adiel, the son of Jahzerah, the son of Meshullam, the son of Meshillemith, the son of Immer;
2 Chronicles 23:
And in the seventh year Jehoiada strengthened himself, and took the captains of hundreds, Azariah the son of Jeroham, and Ishmael the son of Jehohanan, and Azariah the son of Obed, and Maaseiah the son of Adaiah, and Elishaphat the son of Zichri, into covenant with him.
And of the sons of Bani; Meshullam, Malluch, and Adaiah, Jashub, and Sheal, and Ramoth.
And Shelemiah, and Nathan, and Adaiah,
And Maaseiah the son of Baruch, the son of Colhozeh, the son of Hazaiah, the son of Adaiah, the son of Joiarib, the son of Zechariah, the son of Shiloni.
And their brethren that did the work of the house were
eight hundred twenty and two: and Adaiah the son of Jeroham, the son of Pelaliah, the son of Amzi, the son of Zechariah, the son of Pashur, the son of Malchiah,
Hastings' Dictionary of the Bible
ADAIAH (‘Jehovah has adorned’). 1 . The maternal grandfather of Josiah, 2 Kings 22:1 . 2 Kings 22:2 . A Levite, 1 Chronicles 6:41 , called Iddo in 1 Chronicles 6:21 . 1 Chronicles 6:3 . A son of Shimei (in v. 13 Shema ) the Benjamite, 1 Chronicles 8:21 . 1 Chronicles 8:4 . The son of Jeroham, a priest, and head of a family in Jerusalem, 1 Chronicles 9:12 . 1 Chronicles 9:5 . The father of Maaseiah, a captain who helped to overthrow the usurpation of Athaliah, 2 Chronicles 23:1 . 2 Chronicles 23:6 . One of the family of Bani, who took a strange wife during the Exile, Ezra 10:29 . Ezra 10:7 . Another of a different family of Bani, who had committed the same offence, Ezra 10:39 . Ezra 10:8 . A descendant of Judah by Pharez, Nehemiah 11:5 . Nehemiah 11:9 . A Levite of the family of Aaron, Nehemiah 11:12 ; probably the same as No. 4.
Fausset's Bible Dictionary
1. 2 Kings 22:1.
2. 1 Chronicles 6:41.
3. 1 Chronicles 8:21.
4. 1 Chronicles 9:12; Nehemiah 11:12.
5. Ezra 10:29.
6. Ezra 10:39; Nehemiah 11:5. Adalia. Esther 9:8.
Holman Bible Dictionary
(uh dawee' uh) Personal name meaning, “Yahweh has adorned.” 1. Grandfather of King Josiah (2 Kings 22:1 ). 2 . A Levite, one of the family of Temple singers (1 Chronicles 6:41 ). 3 . A Benjaminite (1 Chronicles 8:21 ). 4 . A priest who returned to Jerusalem from Babylon after the Exile (1 Chronicles 9:12 ). 5 . The father of Maaseiah, who helped make young Joash king instead of Athaliah, the queen mother (2 Chronicles 23:1 ). 6 . Two men with foreign wives in time of Ezra (Ezra 10:29 , Ezra 10:39 ). 7 . A member of the tribe of Judah in Jerusalem after the Exile (Nehemiah 11:5 ). 8 . A priest in the Temple after the Exile (Nehemiah 11:12 ), probably the same as 4.
Hitchcock's Bible Names
The witness of the Lord
Morrish Bible Dictionary
1. Father of Jedidah and grandfather of Josiah, king of Judah. 2 Kings 22:1 .
2. Son of Ethan, a Gershonite. 1 Chronicles 4:41 .
3. One of the sons of Shimhi. 1 Chronicles 8:21 .
4. Son of Jeroham. 1 Chronicles 9:12 .
5. Father of Maaseiah a "captain of hundreds." 2 Chronicles 23:1 .
6,7. Two who had married strange wives. Ezra 10:29,39 .
8. One whose descendants returned from exile and dwelt in Jerusalem. Nehemiah 11:5 .
9. One who returned from exile, and did the work of the house of the Lord. Nehemiah 11:12 .
- JEDEUS ( 1E Esther 9:30 ) = Ezra 10:29 Adaiah
- Son of Adaiah
, of the tribe of Judah
- Daughter of Adaiah
, and mother of Josiah king of Judah
- (judged by Jehovah ), the son of Amzi and ancestor of Adaiah
- A shortened form of Adiel, or Adaiah
, from adi , "ornament
- ) Amon's queen, mother of good Josiah; of Boscath near Lachish, daughter of Adaiah
(2 Kings 22:1)
- Ancestor of Adaiah
, who helped build the second Temple (Nehemiah 11:12 )
- It was the home town of Adaiah
, King Josiah's maternal grandmother (1 Kings 22:1 )
- Son of Iddo, or Adaiah
, a Gershonite
(‘Jehovah has adorned’)
- ) ...
A descendant of Aaron, of the house of Immer, the leader of the sixteenth course of priests; son of Pashur, and father of Adaiah
- 1 Chronicles 6:21 a Gershonite Levite called Adaiah
in 1 Chronicles 6:41
in 1 Chronicles 6:41; Ezra 10:39
- Son of Adaiah
and a captain who assisted in placing Joash on the throne
- A Gershonite Levite, son of Iddo or Adaiah
(1 Chronicles 6:21; 1 Chronicles 6:41)
- ) ...
A Gershonite Levite, son of Iddo or Adaiah
- " (1 Chronicles 15:18,20 ) ...
The son of Adaiah
, and one of the captains of hundreds in the reign of Joash king of Judah
- A priest, son of Pashur, ancestor of Adaiah